Main Road, Hathersage, Derbyshire, S32 1BB
Tel: 01433 650436
Fax: 01433 650099
An owner-managed hotel, stylishly maintained and presented, ideally located for walking, bird watching and cycling in the heart of Derbyshire's Peak District.
Formerly a 500-year-old inn, this highly rated Derbyshire hotel in the heart of the scenic Peak District has been transformed into a relaxing haven in which to unwind. Featuring award-winning cuisine by Chef Helen Heywood, its friendly and unobtrusive service ensures The George retains its charm and character whilst offering all the modern amenities you would expect.
We offer the following types of room at the George:
Recently refurbished, these rooms are light and airy, with modern colours and fabrics.
Traditionally furnished and generally larger than our standard rooms, superior rooms include DVD player, bathrobes and private mini bar.
The 4-poster Room
The largest room we offer, with feature 'St George' stained-glass window, including settee, mini bar, bathrobes and (of course) the 4-poster bed.
Ground Floor Rooms
Three double rooms of this type are available, each located at street level, but still with access by stairs. All rooms include private bathroom, tea & coffee-making facilities, reading books, sufficient space for work or study, free wifi access, direct-dial telephone and television/radio combined.
George's Restaurant is extremely popular - book a table when reserving your accommodation as tables cannot be guaranteed upon your arrival at the Hotel. The recent refurbishment in George's restaurant lends a contemporary feel, with cool colours, wooden flooring and feature lighting - a modern style complimenting Helenís modern, innovative style of cooking. You will find the service friendly, efficient and relaxed with a minimum of fuss or interruption. Formality is not on the menu!
The George is available on an exclusive use basis for Weddings and private celebrations and events, ensuring your guestís private use of the hotel facilities, public areas and bedrooms throughout their stay, from the pre-arranged arrival time of your function until after breakfast the following morning. Of course, this also means our team at The George will be at your disposal.
Another advantage of choosing The George for your wedding is the access it affords to our own personal wedding advisor. Kathryn Joseph has a great deal of experience in organising weddings and will be able to advise you every step of the way to ensure that you have a superb day.
- We are located in the heart of the Peak District National Park
- Commerce and shopping in the major city of Sheffield - 12 miles away.
- The crooked spire on Chesterfield's Parish Church - 16 miles away.
- The ancient and picturesque market town of Bakewell, famous for the Bakewell pudding, with Monday market and antique
shops - 7 miles away.
- l History and culture at Chatsworth (7 miles), Hardwick Hall and Haddon Hall.
- Tradition and lore of well - dressings at Eyam (the 17th century plague village) and in many surrounding ancient villages (e.g. Rowsley and Youlgreave)
- Climbing and walking in the scenic Peaks and Pennine Way.
- Gliding from Hucklow.
- Cycling from Tissington and Monsal.
- Potholing, open mines and show caverns at Castleton.
- Golf at Bamford.
- Skiing facility at Sheffield's dry slope ski centre.
- Theatres at Buxton's Opera and Sheffield's Crucible and Lyceum.
- Concerts at Sheffield Arena.
- Nature reserve at Carsington Water
- Longshaw Estate (National Trust)
- Williamthorpe Ponds nature reserve (4 miles from Hardwick Hall)
- Carr Vale nature reserve near Bolsover Castle
- Ogston Reservoir, 2 miles south of Clay Cross
By Rail: 3 hours from London St Pancras via Sheffield. 20 minutes from Sheffield Station. 5 minute walk from Hathersage Station.
By Road: 3 hours from London via M1 - Junction 29. 30 minutes from Sheffiled on A625.
Airports: The George Hotel is located about 1 Hour from both Manchester and East Midlands Airports.
Call now on:
Please mention Visit Derbyshire when you call.